View Our Website View All Jobs

Sr. Land Technician

The Land Technician is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the Landman while working with the Lease Records Department to ensure the organization and management of company records associated with leases, contract agreements, drilling and division order title opinions and other land-related documents.

Duties will include but are not limited to:

  • Assist in preparation of correspondence and contracts, form transmittals, check requests, oil and gas leases, assignments, rights-of-way and other associated contracts.
  • Copy and transmit leases, assignments, etc. to partners.
  • Work with Lease Records Department to ensure accuracy of BOLO entries pertaining to new oil and gas leases, surface leases, rights-of-way, contracts and other similar documents.
  • Research and respond to inquiries from partners and surface owners regarding invoicing errors, broker bills, etc.
  • Monitor new well activity; ensure all essential data is uploaded to all databases from a single data-entry point, ensure accounting and operations are advised accordingly.
  • Code invoices in DocVue for manager approvals.
  • Conduct land contract review and audit; report summary results to others.
  • Ensure accuracy of operated AFEs, generate land narratives, prepare partner ballots, track partner elections, provide partner well requirements to the Operations Department for partners entitled to well data.
  • Calculate division of interest based on partner elections and provide to Division Order Department to set up decks.
  • Ensure accuracy of non-operated AFEs by checking JOA terms and preparing land narratives.
  • Prepare exhibits for documents including assignments, JOAs, communitization agreements, regulatory filings and similar documents as required.
  • Act as a liaison between Caerus and associated state, federal and BIA offices.
  • Assist in the management of brokers by tracking activity from daily reports.
  • Participate in acquisition and divestiture due diligence.
  • Prepare general, routine correspondence for others’ signatures.
  • Prepare and maintain presentations and reports.
  • Establish and maintain effective industry relationships.
  • Perform various data entry tasks.
  • Participate in local industry associations.
  • Attend continuing education as needed.
  • Other duties as assigned.

Specialized knowledge required:

  • Working knowledge of Oil and Gas Leases, Title, Lease Purchase Reports, Surface Use Agreements, Right-of-Way and Easement Agreements, Farm-outs, Farm-ins, Joint Operating Agreements, Pooling and Unitization Agreements, Communitization Agreements, Salt Water Disposal Agreements, court house and abstract office records and all other land related documents.
  • 2+ years’ intermediate proficiency in: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
  • State and Federal Oil and Gas Websites (KCC, COGCC, WOGCC, BLM)


  • High School Diploma or GED required.
  • Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.

Industry experience:

  • Minimum 3 years experience as a Land Technicican within the Oil and Gas industry.


No Agencies please. Caerus Oil and Gas will not accept unsolicited resumes from Third Party Recruiters or Agencies without a signed Vendor Agreement.


Read More

Apply for this position

Apply with Indeed
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume

Paste your resume here or Attach resume file

To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn more.

Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S. Veteran
  • A “disabled veteran” is one of the following:
    • a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
    • a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
  • A “recently separated veteran” means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
  • An “active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran” means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
  • An “Armed forces service medal veteran” means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
Veteran status

Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form CC-305
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 1/31/2020
Why are you being asked to complete this form?

Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities.i To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.

If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.

How do I know if I have a disability?

You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.

Disabilities include, but are not limited to:

  • Blindness
  • Deafness
  • Cancer
  • Diabetes
  • Epilepsy
  • Autism
  • Cerebral palsy
  • Schizophrenia
  • Muscular dystrophy
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Major depression
  • Multiple sclerosis (MS)
  • Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Obsessive compulsive disorder
  • Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
  • Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Please check one of the boxes below:

You must enter your name and date
Your Name Today's Date
Reasonable Accommodation Notice

Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.

iSection 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at

PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.